Well I have to say I had a beautiful birthday day and I would like to share with you my birthday presents.. I think I am starting to stock things for the winter (yes I live in the south and we are saying goodbye to the hot weather). Fall is not 100% here but you can see glimpses of it.
March is my birthday month!! And inspired in this list of the blog A Beautiful Mess; I thought It would be fun to have my own list of goals for this year ahead. Here are my 29 goals before I become 30 (OMG!! 30). I think this list it´s a great opportunity to put in paper things that maybe are in my head and use it as a reminder through the year! Try yours!
1. Run a little marathon or at least a 5KM race.
2. Eat healthier, more veggies and green food would be nice.
3. Learn to draw or at least improve some techniques.
4. Visit a new country, preferentially in Europe, preferentially Italy!!
5. Find an “It” artist to be obsess this year.
6. Try to learn a new language, I would love to learn swedish or french.
7. Have a weekly exercise routine.
8. Start swimming just for fun.
9. Paint a little art collection of my own, to hang in my home.
10. Make a restyling /renovation of one of my home spaces.
11. Go to a place with snow and embrace some snow activity.
12. Develop a creative project that maintain me doing art for the rest of year (HI).
13. Have “really” vacations with Coco, with no cellphones, calls really time out.
14. Evolve in my work, learn to love what I do daily and have lots of fun in it.
15. Try to make “home-made” presents to give as gifts.
16. Keep writing in this blog regularly.
17.Keep having ideas to share here, try to focus in the diy projects and develop new features.
18. Launch a new design for this blog.
19. Start watching old movies and cinema classics.
20. Learn to cook a special meal, just one home-made special meal (Let´s put it this way I don´t have a very good (none) relationship with the kitchen. I know shame on me!
21. Learn to paint with watercolors.
22. Experiment with underwater photography in a more serious way.
23. Visit friends and family abroad. I have family and friends in Puerto Rico, Philadelphia, Sweden, Spain and France.
24. Find more inspiration in music, find some new artists in this field.
25. Assist to a workshop or an event about blogging.
26. Find blogging pals to exchange experiences in the field.
27. Go to a live concert of someone I really admire.
28. Learn more about Photoshop and how to improve photos for the blog.
29. Have fun in a daily basis and enjoy every minute of it.
Tomorrow are the Oscars. Is the top event of the year for everyone working in the american movie industry. I have to admit that I grew up watching the Oscars and the red carpet and I also wanted to work in the movie industry for a while. I remember that when I was in school, and in the time tv cable was not an option, we watched the ceremony through a local channel and it was awesome, big. Then E! Entertainment arrived and the red carpet was a must see in a hot February Sunday night. Nowadays I am no more a so fanatic Oscar girl, but I have to say that I will watch it tomorrow for sure! Here is a top 10 list of movies that in the past won the Oscar of “best picture” and for me are a must see movie. Enjoy your re watch!
1. BEST PICTURE OF 1943 – CASABLANCA.
2. BEST PICTURE OF 1994 – FORREST GUMP
Some time ago I became obsess about underwater photography. In fact I found an amazing artist Elena Kalis who is a mermaid photographer and I absolutely adore her work. So I know I am far away Elena, but I have a thought about why not trying underwater photography with my iphone! I have to admit that I had so much fun playing underwater. My goal for the future is to keep taking this kind of pictures and I absolutely need a better waterproof camera to play with.The first thing you will need to start snapping pictures underwater (and the cheaper option) is to buy an underwater case for your camera or your iphone. I bought this one and was the main tool for this pictures. You can check in amazon, there are lots of waterproof cameras in a low budget. I still didn´t choose my perfect gear for this new hobby, but i heard that the GoPro camera it´s really cool. Hope you like this post, I really love to take this pictures! Even if their are soooo amateur… and as you realize I add some aquatic doodles. I will keep you update about my underwater adventures and please try your own pictures and let´s be underwater friends!!!
Have a lovely weekend!! Love, Nina.
p.s: I am a fish in the water 🙂
I love photography since I have memory. Is one of my favorite hobbies in the world!! Experimenting with photos and adding filters and playing with texts, shapes and light is so fun. Lately I realized that since I have Instagram I take lots of photos even in the same day. I think is the best app and I usually use the “Amaro” filter.
The other app I am in love is “Afterglow” it has fantastic filters and the funny thing is the different shapes you can put to your picture.
Last but no least is the “Line Camera” app which is amazing because you can add stamps to your photos and also it has some unique filters with hearts and flowers.
What is your favorite app? Please share them so I can try them!!
I have been thinking about to post something useful for Valentine´s Day, and I thought it would be fun to give you my ten first choices of movies to watch in this day. I think is a good idea to spent the day with your Valentine or with yourself watching lovely movies. Maybe in this list you can see some movies that are label as “no so Valentine”, but for me the important filter to did this list, was that in some point of the story, love was involve in some way. So if you are alone in this Valentine´s Day or with someone, remember that the most important thing is to love yourself first and then you would be capable to give that love back to the world.
2. The Notebook, I think is difficult to find some girl in the 20´s or 30´s that this movie didn´t like it at some point. I have to admit though that I like it, but the part when they are old is not my favorite, but Rachel Mcadams and Ryan Gosling are perfect together.
6. Before Sunset. This movie is so sweet and so romantic! Did I mention is in Paris? Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke are so perfect. Is a must to watch “Before Sunrise” which is the first movie. But my favorite is the second one 🙂
9.The time travelers wife. Rachel Mcadams is perfect for romantic movies! and I love this movie because of its magic and probably because Eric Bana is so gorgeous here!10. What dreams may come. The first time I watched this movie I really cry, but I really love the message that nothing is impossible when you have love in your heart (even you can cross hell for love).
Happy Valentine´s Day tomorrow and remember be your own Valantine!!!
Credits: Pride&Predjuice – The Notebook – Nothing Hill – 50 First Dates – Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind – Before Sunset – 10 Things I hate about you – Only you – The time travelers wife – What dreams may come.
Last week a new social media network pop up in the communications world. I start to see in many blogs this new word: Vine. So I did a little research including downloading the app (of course) and try it. This new app is like Instagram but with videos. You can record a 6 sec. video in a really easy and short way, and of course share it with the Vine community. I was sceptic at first, because come on! we have more than enough social networks to play with. But I have to admit is really funny, only time will tell how users and brands will adapt.
Good luck making your videos!! Love, Nina 🙂
p.s: now you can only download for Iphones. If you want more information of the app here is the Vine blog
I have this little collection of rubber stamps I been collecting through years. I love them, because their are pretty simple to use. Depending on the ink you use, you can apply them everywhere, even in fabrics. Here are some of the ones I used the most.
Sets by Cavallini&Company
Enjoy your stamping!!
I been thinking about writing a blog time ago, so I have lots of journals full of ideas. But I think the main source of inspiration I found it in my daily life, sometimes I am in my work and an idea pop up (I write everything in journals), or sometimes I found old ideas in the journals. Traveling helps me a lot and of course inspiration I find in others blogs.
Yes I dedicate at least two hours daily to write in the blog and I schedule it. I started the blog last November, so I decided for January to have at least one post by day. It´s a kind of goal for this month and I hope to keep doing it the whole year, but let´s just think of January. For writing one post each day I have to organize me a little bit, for example the big projects like (DIY vs. BIY) I try to do them in the weekends (buy the materials and do as much as I can) so in the week the only thing left is to take the pictures and put the post together.
I love movies (is something I hope I start blogging soon), so my perfect Sunday will be in my house with by lovely husband watching a movie while I am painting or drawing something.
My actual journal, it contain beautiful ideas for future posts and projects 😉
5. What’s a goal you have for 2013?
The main goal of the year is to keep moving in the path of what I really enjoy to do. I think that a word that can summarize my goals for 2013 is EVOLVE (I will be sharing this too soon), but I think EVOLVE is a concept that applies in different areas of my life. And obviously to maintain and grow this little place in the internet.
Difficult one… I think my camera Nikon D40
Deep Blue Sea – Snatam Kaur
Life of Pi, I love the message of the movie.
9. What is your best talent or skill?
I think maybe to put things together, or organize things. I enjoy the process.
I absolutely would love to fly and read minds.
11. What’s your ultimate dream for your blog? How will you measure its “success?”
My ultimate dream for my blog is to keep writing every single day and never run out of ideas. I think my success can be measure if someone around the world can use it for being inspired and help that person in some way. I belive in energy, i belive is contagious, so if this little corner can help anyone to move in a positive direction, that would be awesome!
Here are my nominee blogs:
My 11 facts:
1. I am 28 years old. 2. I live in South America 3.I love neon colors!! 4.Like ice tea 5.everything with strawberries is a very good meal for me 6.I grow up with the Spice Girls boom 7.Love chick flicks 8.I run or at least try 9.I work in a tv station 10.My new best friend: a Bamboo Tablet 11.I really love Picnics.
11 questions (I pick some of the ones I answer and mix them with some new):
2. Which is your favorite blog in the world?
3. What is your favorite meal?
4. If you have to choose a word for 2013, it would be…
5. Two words that define you..
6. What’s the best present you’ve ever received?
7. You have to play one song on constant repeat for an entire day. Which song do you choose?
8. Last film you saw in theaters and loved?
9. What is your best talent or skill?
10. If you had a super power, what would it be?
11. If you have unlimited time and resources, what would you choose to do?